Sunday, November 23, 2008

November

Things have slowed down a bit since soccer. However, we are still up at the crack of dawn every day. Emily has early morning violin. There are three elementary schools here in Ellensburg. The girls go to Valley View. The early morning violin is at Mt. Stewart which is clear across town. She has to be there at 7:30 am and then she takes a special bus just for this group back to Valley View before school starts at 8:40 am. That is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Then Molly has choir at 8:00am at Valley View on Monday and Thursday. We are reaping some of the benefits of all these early mornings.

Molly got to conduct one song at the Veteran's Day program at school. I didn't get to go because I had class, but Grandma and Granddad Carter and Grandpa Glen came to watch. I guess there were a couple other kids who conducted, but Molly was the only one that was announced. They even record the performance and show it on tv, but I haven't seen it yet. Grandma said she had recorded some of it. I will have to see if I can get it.

Emily had her first violin concert on the 18th. It was all the strings from Elementary, Middle, and High School. It was a very nice program and it was all less than an hour. We went to the Morgan Middle school where they have a stage and theater seats. It was very nice except for a little boy that kept walking through our row. His mom was five rows in front of us and he was just wondering back and forth.

(I am having problems uploading the video of Emily's concert. I will try later.)

I only have about two weeks of classes left. Things are finally letting up. I am not as stressed as I was. Timothy is doing great. He is improving so fast in his speech therapy that they say he won't need it for much longer. We are so excited. Benjamin is 11 months old now. He is getting so big. He is cruising along furniture and is very close to walking. It is amazing to watch how fast he is growing.

Jared is so great. He has helped me a lot this quarter. I have the best husband in the world. He has been busy at work. He is thinking of trying to do Driver's Ed again. We will see if that happens. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! I miss you...

p.s. My blog is going private in a few days. Would you like an invite? If so leave me a comment at http://kjohnson5.blogspot.com/2008/11/invites-list.html

Carterfam said...

phew! You guys are busy, busy, busy!!