Saturday, August 9, 2008

Our Summer


We have had a very busy summer. Jared started his Math Master's program this summer. It was a six week course and he was taking 17 credits. He is very glad to be done and he passed all his classes (yeah!!!). I have been home with the kids. We have been involved in the library summer reading program. They had a program every Wednesday and then the girls got to go to a Book Group called the Bookworms. They read a book, did a project and had a snack. During this time I would take Tim and Ben into the library. They have a train set in the children's section as well as stuffed animals and puppets. Tim loves playing there. They even had a small tent one day. Ben usually slept during that time. So I could just take a book and sit in one of the big comfy chairs they had in the kids section and read while Tim played. The kids also started swimming lessons. Molly is in level 5, (Level 6 is the last level) Emily is in level 3, and Tim is in level 1. They are all doing great.


Molly is growing up so fast. I can't believe that she will be 10 soon. She is a great helper. However, I keep catching glances of what she will be like as a teenager. Help!!!


I can't believe that Emily will be eight soon. She is so excited to be baptized. She is even starting to think carefully when we ask her questions. Especially our latest fiasco. We have been trying to get the girls in a good habit of cleaning their room. The other day, they were both invited over to a friends house. I told them that they needed to clean their room first. So they started cleaning. Well, around noon, when we were supposed to leave to go, I asked them if their room was done. It wasn't, so they frantically started "cleaning". When I went in to check, I noticed tons of stuff shoved under thier bed. So I asked them if they had just put everything under thier bed. Emily thought about it for a moment and hung her head and said yes. Molly wasn't so honest. Anyway, they had to dig everything out and put it away before we could go. What silly girls. I love them.


Tim has finally decided to be potty trained. He is getting soooooo much better. We are now transitioning from having to remind him, to him just doing it on his own. Of course when he is finished, he has to always have us come and look. He did this once when my visiting teachers were here. He decided he needed to go and did. Then he came out with just a shirt on and wanted everyone to come see. Needless to say I was quite embarrassed. I am proud of him though. His newest phrase right now is, "Mommy, we need to talk." It is quite funny and is usually used to stay up after we put him to bed. Mostly he wants to talk about when we are going to go back to Disneyland. He says he HAS to try the new Buzz Lightyear ride.


Ben is getting so big. He is now 21 pounds and 28 inches long. He is sitting really well and folds over in half before getting on his stomach. He has learned to put his arms out so that he doesn't land on his face. He's not crawling yet, but he will scoot backwards. He is such a happy baby. If only he would realize that during the summer we like to sleep in. He is up at 5:3o every morning with a great big smile on his face. I know that he will be crawling and getting into everything soon. Lots of fun

2 comments:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Oh, Becky this is awesome! Funny how I had no clue that Jared had 17credits (I don't remember hearing that over the 4th)! That's insane!!! Wow, way to go older bro. The kids look great and I'm so excited for Tim to try his hand at Toy Story Mania (aka the new Buzz Lightyear ride--Tim's right they shoulda called it that). How fun!
-Eric

Beth Tunnell said...

It's so fun to hear updates from you guys! We've all really missed you. Britton just started yelling "My friend Timmy" a few times when she saw your cute pics.